Friday, April 26, 2013

I CAN'T HELP WITH STUBBORN OR STUPID

Has your business improved lately? No, seriously has it? I was consulting a client recently who is so reluctant to make any changes that I finally said  "listen I cannot help with stupid or stubborn. If you flat out don't want to grow or make changes even though good information has come to your attention (internet, websites, quickbooks, etc). Yet you refuse to accept it. The fact is we must critically analyze our business periodically. Is our profit margins growing or shrinking? Is there a new competitor that is taking more and more market share?  What are your sales staffs closing ratios?  The list of questions are endless but I find most small business owners are afraid to ask them. Why, because change may be needed and change costs time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment